I CAN'T WAIT TO DOCUMENT YOUR LOVE.
The Ultimate Destination wedding checklist
Hello, there amazing brides! If you’re reading this, then congratulations are in order – you’re getting married! And if you’ve decided to have a destination wedding, then you’re definitely in for a treat. But before you start packing your bags and jetting off to your dream location, there are a few things you’ll need to take care of first. Here’s a quick checklist of everything you’ll need to do to make sure your destination wedding goes off without a hitch:
– Make a budget: This is probably the most important step in wedding planning, regardless of whether you’re having a destination wedding or not. You need to know how much you can afford to spend on your dream wedding before you start booking anything.
– The weather: Take into account the climate of your chosen destination and plan accordingly. You don’t want guests wilting in the heat or shivering in the cold!
– Choose your wedding date: This one is kind of obvious, but make sure you pick a date that works for both you and your guests. Keep in mind that some people may have to take time off work or make childcare arrangements, so try to give them as much notice as possible.
– Choose your dream location: This is the fun part! There are so many beautiful places in the world to choose from, so take your time and pick the perfect one for you and your partner. And this is probably the most important step in the entire process. Where do you want to get married? Beach? Mountain? City? The options are endless! Once you’ve decided on a location, start doing some research to find the perfect venue. Once you’ve decided on the location, book it as soon as possible to avoid any last-minute changes.
– Book your travel and accommodation: Once you’ve chosen your location, it’s time to start booking flights and hotels. If you’re having a destination wedding, chances are your guests will need to travel as well. So make sure you book early to get the best deals.
– The legalities: Make sure you’re up to date on all the paperwork required for getting married abroad. No one wants a stressful last-minute scramble!
– Send out save-the-dates: Now that you have your date and location picked out, it’s time to let your guests know! Send out save-the-dates 6-8 months before the big day so that everyone can mark their calendars. Make sure all your guests have plenty of time to arrange their travel plans as soon as you’ve booked your venue.
– Choose your wedding planner: unless you’re a total DIY bride, you’re going to need some help when it comes to planning your dream wedding. Unless you’re an expert in destination weddings yourself, it’s always a good idea to hire a local wedding planner. They’ll be able to help with all the logistics of planning a wedding in a foreign country, from finding the perfect venue to securing permits and translations. Research different planners in your area and find one that fits your style and budget.
– Book your officiant: If you’re having a religious ceremony, make sure to book your officiant well in advance. Some churches require couples to take premarital classes, so be sure to check with your officiant about any required paperwork or classes.
– Book your photographer and videographer: these are two essential vendors that you’ll need to book early on in the planning process. Look at portfolios and reviews online to find the perfect photographer and videographer for your big day. One of the most important things to remember when planning a destination wedding is to hire a professional photographer. They will be able to capture all the special moments of your big day, so you can look back on them for years to come.
– Start shopping for your dress: A destination wedding is a perfect excuse to buy that gorgeous dress you’ve been drooling over. Start shopping early so that you have plenty of time to find the perfect one.
– Plan ahead for any special needs: If anyone in your wedding party or family has any special needs, be sure to plan and make all the necessary arrangements.
– Don’t forget the details: Remember to take care of all the little details that will make your wedding day perfect, from flowers and decorations to music and transportation. Last but not least, don’t forget about the little things! From wedding favors to welcome baskets, there are countless ways to make your guests feel at home at your destination wedding. Just put your personal touch on everything and enjoy every minute of planning your dream wedding!
Relax and enjoy: The last thing on our destination wedding checklist is for you to relax and enjoy yourself! This is supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life, so savor every moment.
No matter what kind of destination wedding you’re planning, we hope that this checklist will help make the process a little bit easier. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!