I CAN'T WAIT TO DOCUMENT YOUR LOVE.
Romantic Ways to Propose at Home. So, you’ve decided that you want to propose to your significant other, but you’re not quite sure how to do it. You want it to be special, unique, and memorable—but you also don’t want to spend a fortune. And with the current state of the world, you may not even be able to go out anyway. Never fear! There are plenty of romantic ways to propose at home that will make your partner swoon. Proposing marriage is a big moment. You’ll both always remember it, no matter where it takes place. But what if you don’t have the budget for a lavish destination proposal? Don’t worry—you can still make it special and romantic right at home. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Cook dinner together, and when you’re finished, ask your partner to help you clear the table. Pull out the ring and get down on one knee as they reach for the plates. This will be a Romantic Way to Propose at Home.
- If your partner is a fan of board games, turn Monopoly into a marriage proposal by changing “Free Parking” to “Will You Marry Me?” a very Romantic Way to Propose at Home.
- Get creative with some sidewalk chalk and spell out “Marry Me?” in big letters on the driveway or sidewalk leading up to your house.
- Make a homemade scavenger hunt that leads your partner all around the house (and ends with you getting down on one knee).
- Set up a romantic picnic in your living room or backyard complete with all of your partner’s favorite foods and drinks.
- Write a heartfelt letter expressing your love for your partner and why you want to spend the rest of your life with them. Then read it aloud to them and pop the question at the end.
- If you have pets, get them in on the proposal by having them wear little “Will You Marry Me?” bandanas or shirts.
- Set up a photo booth complete with props and backdrops in your living room or backyard (you can even use a sheet hung up on a clothesline as a backdrop). Then snap some fun photos together before getting down on one knee and popping the question.
- If your partner is crafty, write out your proposal in code using knitting or cross-stitch and see if they can decipher it before asking them directly.
- Have a special dessert made with the words “Marry Me?” written in icing on top (you can even do this yourself if you’re feeling extra ambitious).
- If you live near water, take a romantic rowboat ride together and pop the question while you’re out on the lake or river.
- Put together a photo album or scrapbook chronicling your relationship from beginning to end—then add one final page asking them to marry you!
There are endless ways to propose at home that are romantic, creative, and personal—and won’t break the bank either! So if you’re stuck indoors due to bad weather or a global pandemic, never fear! There are plenty of ways to make your proposal special without venturing into the world. Proposing marriage is always special, no matter where it takes place or how it happens! There are so many ways to make this moment memorable without breaking the bank; these 12 ideas are just scratching the surface when it comes to getting creative with proposing at home! Whether it’s baking them a cake, renting out an entire movie theater, writing them love letters, or setting up a scavenger hunt – any one of these ideas will help make popping this important question even more special and unforgettable!